Langholm Golf Club 2021 Club Championship
Qualifying for the 2021 Langholm Golf Club Championship will to be held over 4 Stroke Play competitions the last being played on Sunday 6th June.
Qualifying will be the 2 best gross scores from the 4 competitions. The championship will then move into the matchplay stage.
The best 12 gross scores will qualify for the A Championship with 5th to 12th places going into round 1 and the top 4 receiving a buy to the quarter finals.
The best 12 gross scores from players with a handicap of 10 and above who have not qualified for the A Championship will go through to the B Championship. Again the top 4 will receive buy to the quarter final
* To be eligible for the B Championship your handicap must be 10 or above after the final qualifier has been completed on the 6th June 2021. New rules as of Committee for 2021 Championship.
The best 8 gross scores for player aged 55 and over (at the end of the qualifiers) will go on to play in the Seniors Championship as well as playing in the A or B Championship.
The deadline for playing the matchplay ties are as follows:
· First Round to be played by Sunday 4th July
· Quarter Finals to be played by Sunday 25th July
· Semi Finals to be played by Friday 6th August
· Finals to be played on Finals day Saturday 7th August
All of the matchplay ties will be played over 18 holes, with the A final over 36 and the B final over 18.
At the moment we are hoping to have a Finals day on the 7th August but this will depend on any Covid restrictions. Updates will be made by the committee if and when necessary.
ANY PLAYERS WHO AREN’T AVAILABLE OR DO NOT WISH TO BE INCLUDED IN THE MATCHPLAY STAGES, PLEASE INFORM GORDON RAE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY 11TH JUNE. CONTACT DETAILS BELOW.
Mobile No: 07375 316 558