Competitions at Langholm Golf Club for Season 2020
Following the resumption of golf in Scotland from 29th May 2020 please follow the instructions below that will apply upon resumption of competitions on 6th June 2020.
· Competition Format – all 18 hole and 9 hole competitions in 2020 will be run on a stableford format.
· Competition Entry Sheet – there will be no competition entry sheets, players will be taken on trust that they have played on that day and submitted their score for the competition (whether this a completed card or a No Return).
· Competition Entries – all competitions will be free to enter.
· Competition Sweeps – there will be no sweeps for competitions in 2020.
· Bar Vouchers – there will be no bar vouchers for prizes for winning competitions in 2020.
· Draws – there will be no draws for competitions in 2020.
· Playing groups – please play in groups of two or three (three ball groups must not consist of players from more than two households)
· Competition Cards – the club won’t be able to provide scorecards for use in competitions in 2020. Players must provide their own equipment for recording their score during a competition round. It is acceptable for one player in a group of two or three to record all the scores for that group.
· Verifying scores – at the end of your competition round verbally verify the total scores with your partners.
· Collation of scores – the individual scores will be collated by the Match Secretary at the end of each competition. Players are required to text or phone their individual gross score per hole (and their playing group’s individual scores if possible) to 07754777901 (text preferably) or e-mail to email@example.com. Scores must be submitted by 10pm on the day of the competition or these scores will not be accepted.
· Handicapping – all competitions will be handicap counting competitions.
· Midweek Stableford – the midweek stableford will run on the same basis as in previous years (one round per week on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday). The only change being that the winner will be decided on their best four scores rather six as in previous years.
· Club Championships – The Club Championship qualifying competitions will be held on 27th June and 4th July with the best eight 36 hole gross stableford scores qualifying for the championship. The eight B championship and eight senior championship qualifiers would be based on each individual’s best 18 hole gross score. The matchplay ties would follow and these would be timetabled to be played by the end of September. All ties would be 18 holes (including the club championship final). At the moment no finals day will be possible in 2020.
· Fixture List – The Temporary fixture list has been put onto the "Fixtures" section on the left hand menu